The North and North West Community Legal Service is a regional based service, striving to support those in the community who have least access and least power to support themselves. Our goal is to give assistance to anyone who is having difficulty accessing, or is unsure how to access, the legal system. With offices located in Armidale and Moree, NSW, our staff travel considerable distances on a regular basis to provide support throughout the New England and North West.
Our small, tight-knit team work to provide our local communities with assistance in such matters as:
Family law issues (excluding property settlement matters)
Credit and debt issues
Wills, Power of Attorney, and Enduring Guardianship
The position is funded for 35 hours per week (between 9:00am- 1:00pm & 2:00pm – 5:00pm weekdays).
Hours may vary for the purpose of circuit delivery.
Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry (SCHCADSI)
Award- Level 3.1- $35.33 /hr.
Position is funded for a fixed term contract; for a period of 34 weeks.
Salary packaging is available.
Travel reimbursement for work purposes as per award. Accommodation and meal allowances are payable for extended trips.
The position is located at the office of North & North West Community Legal Service Inc at 215 Beardy Street, Armidale, NSW 2350.
This is a regional position and the area to be serviced is the north and north west region of New South Wales. Travel to major population centres as part of the Service’s outreach is required on a regular basis.
The North & North West Community Legal Service is a not-for-profit organisation operating as a generalist community legal service. It provides legal assistance in the northwest region of NSW, especially to those who are unsure about their needs, uncertain where to go for assistance, and unable to afford the advice of a private solicitor.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To deliver an administrative service and to assist the Principal Solicitor, Solicitors and Coordinator of the North & North West Community Legal Service.
DIMENSIONS OF THE POSITION:
The Social Worker is required to exercise a high degree of personal responsibility for the giving of support to clients and the management of casework. The Social Worker is required to work as a team member in a community based organisation and to contribute to the overall functioning of the Service through involvement in organisational management, planning, policy development and client service.
The Principal Solicitor/Coordinator
The Management Committee of NNWCLS
• Client/customer service
• Dealing with clients who may present with difficult/sensitive issues
• Making and confirming suitable appointments
• Good understanding of the areas of law within the Service’s remit
• Data/database processing and management
• Liaison with stakeholders and third parties
• Management of general office supplies
• File processing
• Mail processing
• Management of the Service’s information/advertising materials
• Assistance in preparation of any formal Service events
• Assist the Principal Solicitor/Coordinator as requested
• Participate in staff meetings and staff development/training
• Record Staff meeting minutes
1. Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with clients
2. Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team
3. Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills
4. Demonstrated experience and skills in managing a range of computer systems/programs including data entry and word processing skills
5. High-level organisational skills, including the ability to meet deadlines, prioritise and manage competing priorities
6. National Police Check or willingness to obtain one
7. NSW drivers license
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Address applications, including a cover letter, selection criteria and resume to the Acting Principal Solicitor, Mr Niel van der Linde, at PO Box 857 Armidale NSW 2350 or by email to email@example.com. Please note Applications that do not address the selection criteria, will not be considered.
For all inquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02 6772 8100.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Friday 13th August 2021