What does the service do?
The North and North West Community Legal Service provides free legal advice, assistance and support to people living in the North and North West region of New South Wales, who have least access to the Legal system and the least power to help themselves.
Who do we help?
Everyone living in the North and North West of New South Wales can access our Service for free and confidential legal advice and assistance.
- Are not sure of your legal rights and responsibilities
- Are not sure where to go for assistance
- Are unable to pay for advice from a private solicitor
Telephone and face to face appointments are available Monday to Friday. Contact our office to schedule an appointment
Some matters we can assist with include:
- Family Law issues (excluding property settlement and child support matters)
- Family/Domestic Violence
- Power of Attorney and Enduring Guardianship
- Wills (without real property e.g a house)
- Consumer complaints
- Credit and debt issues
- Employment and workplace issues
- Criminal law
- Traffic offences
- Victims Support
- Neighbourhood disputes
- Apprehended Violence Orders
- Youth issues