We are seeking a Solicitor to join our Service, at the Moree office, 4 days per week. The Solicitor should demonstrate well-developed experience in legal practice. They are required to provide comprehensive legal advice and assistance to clients, participate in outreach circuit where required and deliver community legal education. Additionally they are required to work collaboratively with other Service providers and participate in events and the promotion of the Service. They should maintain a teamwork approach at all times, contributing to a positive and supportive work environment.
This is an exciting opportunity, allowing the successful candidate to enjoy a positive work life balance, whilst engaging in a fulfilling and rewarding workplace.
The selection criteria for the Solicitor is as follows:
- Undergraduate or Postgraduate Law Degree
- Eligibility to practice as a Solicitor in New South Wales
- Ability to support and collaborate with members of the community in all legal and associated practices, in a professional and consultative manner
- Knowledge of relevant professional practice requirements
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including a demonstrated ability to provide non-judgmental, quality service delivery
- Demonstrated ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and clients
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and flexibly under pressure
- Highly developed organisational and administrative skills, including ability to manage case files
- Proficiency in computer skills, including Word Processing
- Understanding of, and sensitivity to, people from diverse cultural, socio-economic and linguistic backgrounds, and people with substance abuse or mental health issues
- A current unencumbered driver’s license
- Knowledge of and/or experience in, and commitment to, working within the community legal services sector or otherwise in relation to legal issues
- At least 3 years post admission experience, working in an associated role
- Demonstrated capacity to provide legal advice based on sound legal research and analysis
- Demonstrated high level of productivity/output in previous roles
- Ability to take initiative and accept responsibility as a part of a small team
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.
Address applications, including a cover letter, selection criteria and resume to the Principal Solicitor, Ms Terri King, at PO Box 857 Armidale NSW 2350 or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For all inquiries or a copy of the job description please email email@example.com or call 6772 8100.